Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

[Feature Request] Batch loading of department and positions?

Penta Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:09 am

[Feature Request] Batch loading of department and positions?

So, this idea comes out of early-morning musing. I don't even have the faintest idea if it's possible.

What I'd like to see is a thing where you can take a text file (maybe it'll need special formatting, but I'm thinking an ASCII/unicode text file), load it into Nova, and that sets up the departments and positions, including descriptions of departments and positions, for your sim. Obviously, this would only be doable by those with system administrator access.

As it stands, one of the first things I find myself doing is a whole lot of data entry to set up departments and positions on my sim as I want to see them. It's the same stuff each sim, but I still gotta do the data entry manually. Annoying.

AgentPhoenix Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:02 am

Re: [Feature Request] Batch loading of department and positi

I'll have to think about that. I see what you're saying, but there are a few technical issues that I can already foresee causing problems. It might be something better suited for a MOD than being baked right into the core. I'll think about it some more though.

Return to Nova NextGen