Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

[Feature Request] Built in FTP panel.

Moonsword Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:59 am

[Feature Request] Built in FTP panel.

I know this is a big ask, but being able to upload bulk lots of files, or even a zipped file and have it upzipped and installed by Nova would be very handy for those who want to put up a new skin or rank set but don't have the FTP access to their site which happens with some services that offer free hosting of the RPG sites.

AgentPhoenix Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:02 am

Re: [Feature Request] Built in FTP panel.

What host are you using that doesn't give you FTP access?

Moonsword Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:09 am

Everyone I have used do offer it, but that is not always the case with a few other games that I visit.

I know Simple Machines Forums have a package installer which covers skins, something like that would be handy for those who don't have access to FTP.

AgentPhoenix Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 am

Unfortunately there are very specific requirements to handle FTP on server. (That isn't the same as being able to upload files though.) If you don't have FTP access for your server, pretty good bet that the FTP functions are disabled too. Generally speaking, the more things get locked down, the less control people have to do advanced things like that. It's one of those functions that's too hit or miss (in my experience) to spend any great deal of time building.

Plus, if you don't have basic FTP, there's no way to get Nova onto the server in the first place, so I don't think there's going to be any major changes (at least for 3.0) in that respect. In the future, maybe, but not for the initial version of Nova 3.

Return to Nova NextGen