Posts Hidden From Public: Important Feature Request

KayvinJal Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Posts Hidden From Public: Important Feature Request

One thing I think is absolutely vital that I cannot find in Nova 2 is the ability to hide posts from guests. I think this is a very important feature to have. In the example case, Bravo Fleet ruled all 18+ rated simms must hide all their posts from public view, for the protection of minors. However, as far as I can tell, it's impossible to comply with this using Nova. Regardless of fleet policy, it's a good feature to have.

More ideally, I'd like to also be able to control this on a case-by-case basis. For example, I might want to hide certain posts from public view while leaving others publicly visible. Using the example case of 18+ posts, I might want to have a content warning checkbox that would hide the post from the public, and maybe even display a customizeable notice at the top of the post indicating it is private. (Which could also be used as a content warning message.)

Are either of these going to be possible using Nova 3?

AgentPhoenix Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:11 am

Re: Posts Hidden From Public: Important Feature Request

I'm not thinking about the posting systems right now, but I'll add it to the issue tracker to look in to more as it gets closer to building that piece.

Stormwolfe Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:52 am

KayvinJal wrote:One thing I think is absolutely vital that I cannot find in Nova 2 is the ability to hide posts from guests. I think this is a very important feature to have. In the example case, Bravo Fleet ruled all 18+ rated simms must hide all their posts from public view, for the protection of minors. However, as far as I can tell, it's impossible to comply with this using Nova. Regardless of fleet policy, it's a good feature to have.

More ideally, I'd like to also be able to control this on a case-by-case basis. For example, I might want to hide certain posts from public view while leaving others publicly visible. Using the example case of 18+ posts, I might want to have a content warning checkbox that would hide the post from the public, and maybe even display a customizeable notice at the top of the post indicating it is private. (Which could also be used as a content warning message.)

Are either of these going to be possible using Nova 3?

My $0.02 worth! This is a great idea. My RPG is 18+ as well, not that it's often needed as we have a hard core Fade to Black requirement on romance posts. However, language and violence are sometimes strong and graphic! Currently, we have warnings on the site that posts range in content from basic PG-13 to NC-17 and we ask Players to add a rating when a post is extreme.

AgentPhoenix wrote:I'm not thinking about the posting systems right now, but I'll add it to the issue tracker to look in to more as it gets closer to building that piece.

AgentPhoenix, thanks once again for considering suggestions and keeping various needs on the backburner as you create Nova 3!

ravensghost Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Can be done with Nova 2,

Admin Control Panel/Site Management -> Menu Items -> Sub Navigation -> Sim/Missions -> edit so that "Login Requirement" is "Must be logged in"

When logged out of the site the mission link vanishes, log in and it re-appears

Do for Personal Logs and Mission Groups and you should be fine.

AgentPhoenix Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:49 pm

While true, you can still access the items directly if you know the URL. The request here is so that they can't even be accessed unless you're logged in, much like private news items in Nova 2.

Return to Nova NextGen