Awards Enhancements? (Feature Request)

Blackcat Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Awards Enhancements? (Feature Request)

I realize that it may be strange for me to make feature requests, but here goes.

The main thing lacking with the awards system in SMS/Nova is that while it allows you to set awards as PC/NPC/Either, it lacks a crucial feature that should have been there from the start. The ability to set awards as Posts. That is, instead of going through and nominating all the players that were part of a "post of the month" nomination, giving the system the ability to nominate a post itself, and when the CO/Command Team/Fleet's award director have agreed on it, having the system then divy out the awards by who was a part of that post.

You said you wanted to move forward, and this is one area where the current system is severely lacking and needs improvement.

Blackcat

AgentPhoenix Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: Awards Enhancements? (Feature Request)

I'm not sure I'd say severely lacking, but I do agree that it might be a cool feature to have.

LeiYong Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:40 am

I loved the new feature of Nova 2 where you have a concise listing of the Mission Posts, Personal Logs etc under the avatar on the left hand side.

Adding awards won on the side would make it awesomer.

Edit: I feel stupid after seeing that what I asked for is already there. D'OH!

mooeypoo Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 am

This relates to another idea I had, where you have the ability to rate posts. Will this help you? I was planning on adding some rating system on posts (and featuring the "best rated" on the sidebar in the main page) for a while.
Find my Nova MODs: https://github.com/mooeypoo

AgentPhoenix Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:14 am

Post and log ratings are coming in Nova 3.

mooeypoo Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:02 pm

AgentPhoenix Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm not sure if I'm going to do ratings (5 stars, etc.) or just a Like feature, but at some level, you'll be able to rate posts and logs moving forward.

Crypt_Heart Wed May 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Make it optional but...SUPPORT!

AgentPhoenix Wed May 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Wouldn't it be by default? If you don't rate a post, it doesn't have a rating. Pretty simple.

Crypt_Heart Wed May 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Well I mean the optional to disable the rating system completely. Some like it, others don't, that kind of thing.

Return to Nova NextGen