AnodyneXtras 2.0

Have a question about AnodyneXtras? Need some help? This is the place to get all your questions answered!

AgentPhoenix Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:18 pm

AnodyneXtras 2.0

This has been a long time coming! When Nova originally launched, I wanted to have a community site where people could post their skins and MODs and rank sets, but time prevented me from working on it. Since then, time hasn't been my friend, but about 9 months ago, I decided to move some things around and make the time. What came out of that work was exactly what I envisioned 4 and a half years ago.

AnodyneXtras will allow you to upload your skins and MODs and share them with people. I worked very hard to make things as simple and straightforward as possible, but still provide a lot of options for people. I think you'll agree when you get in there that it does just that. Once the site is up, you'll see that all of the official Anodyne content is already in there (though sadly I ran out of time and preview images aren't available yet ... I'll be updating the Xtras over the coming weeks with better preview images). There's also an FAQ, a Getting Started Guide, and a guide to Markdown (the syntax we use in Xtras for some of the descriptions and such). I'd encourage you to take a look when it's up.

For the observant, you'll notice that I didn't mention rank sets. For now, general users will not be able to create rank sets because of their confusing nature to most everyone. For Nova 3, when we have a new rank system, we'll open things up a little bit more. If you think you should have the ability to create rank Xtras, drop me a line and we can talk about it.

So when? Like I mentioned earlier, we're moving servers this weekend and when everything comes up on the new server, Xtras will be live. Because of that, it's tough to pin down an actual "launch" time, so we're saying that Xtras will "soft launch" this weekend and I'll make it official on Monday or Tuesday. This new forum section is for people to ask questions, get help or report an issue, and chat about AnodyneXtras, whether it's content or the site itself.

Welcome to Xtras 2.0!

Return to AnodyneXtras