Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

[MOD] Convert Personal Logs to OOC Discussions

A place to show off (and others to download) completed MODs. Note: support for MODs is handled by third parties, not Anodyne Productions.

jordanjay29 Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:08 am

[MOD] Convert Personal Logs to OOC Discussions

Before I start discussing the mod, I'd like to preface this with the philosophy that led to this decision. My greatest criticism of Nova is that there's really no place for an OOC community to develop within the software, leading to many Nova sites developing a hodge-podge network of IMs, chatrooms and (sometimes and for extra brownie points) forums of mailing lists. It gets difficult to juggle all this, and participation is sporadic.

So, to that end (and inspired by the USS Daedalus site at daetrek.com), here is a mod for converting the Personal Logs section into an OOC discussion area. My suggestion for those also needing a place for personal logs is to create a Personal Logs mission or simply encourage users to write them as a Mission Post.

Optional prerequisite: Email All Comments mod.

Mod and installation instructions: Logs To OOC - 1.0

This mod will:
-Edit the Personal Logs section and associated language to OOC Discussions
-Require a login to access the OOC Discussions area.

It may require re-applying edits to files after a Nova update.

AgentPhoenix Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:38 am

Re: [MOD] Convert Personal Logs to OOC Discussions

AnodyneXtras... hint hint, nudge nudge :wink:

jordanjay29 Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: [MOD] Convert Personal Logs to OOC Discussions

AgentPhoenix wrote:AnodyneXtras... hint hint, nudge nudge :wink:

Here we go: http://xtras.anodyne-productions.com/it ... iscussions

Return to Nova MODs