Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

[MOD] Nova2 Manifest Details Mod

A place to show off (and others to download) completed MODs. Note: support for MODs is handled by third parties, not Anodyne Productions.

Williams Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: [MOD] Nova2 Manifest Details Mod

Hey Mooey

Finally got around to testing this with my skin on my local xampp install, but it took forever trying to load the personnel page after I'd modified all of the files, and it eventually just gave me this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\htdocs2\nova2\application\controllers\personnel.php on line 283

I would presume since nobody else has reported this, then might it be an issue relating to the fact that it's on a local install? I'm not overly fussed about it, since commenting out the section of the code relating to the thumbnails makes it work fine, and with my skin being relatively compact, I don't intend to make use of the thumbnails anyway, but I was just hoping to check it before I upload the files to my server.

VAdm Tomari Thu May 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Hey mooeypoo, just wanted to let you know that I added an additional check in your /_base_override/main/pages.php file so that if the gender and/or species hadn't been set, it wouldn't show anything. Here's the code I used.

Code: Select all
     <!-- MOD MANIFEST -->
     <?php
          if (($settings['show']['species']== true) && ($char['char_species'] !== '')) {
               echo $char['char_species'].' ';
          }
     if (($settings['show']['gender']== true) && ($char['char_gender'] !== '')) {
          echo '('.$char['char_gender'].')';
     }
     ?>
     <!-- MOD MANIFEST -->

It works great on fresh installs :D Enjoy!

mooeypoo Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:30 am

I finally had a couple of minutes to do some fixes for this mod. Specifically, I replaced the thumbnail-creation 'engine' from the lame problem-ridden javascript files to the much-better TimThumb php script.

This should fix any alignment/styling/wrong-sizing problems any of you had in your manifest mods.

You can find the new version here: https://github.com/mooeypoo/Nova2-Mod-- ... mb-Version

Please note, if you're "upgrading" from a previous version, here's what you need to do:

1. BACKUP!!!! BAAACKKKUUPPP!!! I cannot emphasize this enough. PLEASE BACKUP FIRST.

2. Upload the assets/scripts folder into your nova's assets folder.

3. Go to the views/_base_override/main/js/personnel_index_js.php
Remove these lines:
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo base_url() . APPFOLDER;?>/assets/js/jquery.thumbs.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo base_url() . APPFOLDER;?>/assets/js/jquery.thumbs.css" />

And instead, put these:
<style>
.charimg {
   border: 5px #000 solid;
   margin: 2px;
   padding: 0px;
}
</style>

(If you know CSS and want to change the way the image styling looks, that's where you do it)

Then, in the same page, go to the bottom near the end of the jQuery functions and delete these lines:
// THUMBNAILS //

$('.charimg').thumbs();

4. Replace the entire function in the personnel.php controller. You can copy/paste the chunk between the
   /**********************/
   /**** MANIFEST MOD ****/
   /**********************/

tags.

Enjoy.

Please report bugs!

~mooey
Find my Nova MODs: https://github.com/mooeypoo

AgentPhoenix Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Nova 2.3 will allow admins to add metadata from the bio form to the manifest all from the Manifest Management page. Simply enter the fields you want to use (the HTML name found under HTML Attributes when editing the bio form field) and separate the fields with pipes (|) and Nova will print the information out under the character name.

Stormwolfe Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:10 am

Curiosity Questions ... ??

I use this mod on my Star Trek game and it works perfect. Slight lag on loading the Personnel page, but nothing major. However, on both games where species is not used or where I altered it to a dropdown, I get lots of errors even when turning "off" the options to show species and gender and only using the thumbnails.

So, here's my questions...

1. Will 2.3 allow for showing thumbnails on the main personnel page or just the other data from select bio fields?

2. Could the mod be modified to do ONLY thumbnails, like a secondary version?

Thanks Much!

Jer

AgentPhoenix Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:42 pm

2.3 could do that, but you'd have to do the heavy lifting yourself (create a thumbnail field and populate it with HTML yourself). Beyond that, no, the built-in functionality will only take the field values and put them on the manifest.

Stormwolfe Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:05 pm

I understand and that's basically no different than what I'm doing now. Instead of a rank image, I create a thumbnail of the character as the rank...which will work fine until Nova 3. At that point, I might be in the drink! :D

Thank-you for the information, though. Much appreciated.

Best Regards ~ Jer.

Captain_Harrison Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:48 pm

I installed this mod onto my site (http://protector.utopia-host.com/index.php/) and it worked perfectly, which is amazing because the last three times I tried it on different simulations; something would stuff up and it would take me weeks to get the site back to before the mod, but I recently uploaded Nova 2.3.0 and now the mod has gone and all attempts to reinstall the mod just result in the whole site going to a white page saying it can't find "index.php"

From reading the user guide to Nova 2.3.0; it looks like the addition of the species and gender is now in-built to Nova, but I can't seem to find out where abouts on the Control Panel that is so I can have it on my manifest and that I would have to build my own PHP to get the images to work again.

In a roundabout way of saying it, is there any idea as to whether this mod is now not compatiable with Nova 2.3.0 and if so, is it going to be updated so that thumbnails can be seen again on the manifest because I quite like having a little thumbnail of the characters on my manifest

AgentPhoenix Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Manifest metadata is found by editing each manifest. You aren't limited to just species and gender, you can specify any field from the bio dynamic form. Just use the field's HTML name and you'll be all set. If there are specific questions about the manifest metadata feature, open a new topic in the Help section.

Stormwolfe Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: [MOD] Nova2 Manifest Details Mod --> Help Please

Good Evening,

I apologize as I might be putting this in the wrong forum. If it should go in Help, I'll gladly delete this and repost.

I have been using the Nova 2.3.0 Manifest Metadata to display additional data on the Personnel Pages with no issues. Today, I installed this mod (Nova2 Manifest Details Mod) and it works perfectly, but now the Nova Manifest Metadata has stopped working (and I really prefer using that information as it is not limited to species and gender).

I have gone into the Mod's settings on the site (the new Menu option) and unchecked both show species and show gender. This has not fixed the issue with the metadata. My guess is that I need to remove the bits of the Mod that call the additional data - I really only want the thumbnails which is why I installed the mod.

Help please?

Warmest Regards,

Jer

SGatton Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:35 pm

The reason why is because the line of code that calls the metadata information by default, is overwritten by the new personnel_index.php page that is then uploaded to your override folder. That version of the personnel_index.php doesn't have the code for the metadata as it was written before metadata was introduced, it had its own code. To get the metadata to appear, you have to edit the page, remove the code that calls for gender/species, and then add the line of code that calls and displays the metadata.

Stormwolfe Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Thank you.

I appreciate the help and it had just occurred to me that it was probably an issue with the version of the files included in the mod vs. Nova 2.3.0.

Once I can set up a dev site, I'll tackle hunting down those lines of code and fixing. Afraid to try it on a live site as I known zilch about .php

Regards!

Stormwolfe Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: [MOD] Nova2 Manifest Details Mod [HELP]

First, this bit of help is not urgent. It's merely cosmetic. I have a general idea from my previous post and the answer received from SGatton regarding what needs done, but just a wee bit hesitant.

IF I posted this in the wrong place, please move it, thank you!

OK...so I have this mod installed. I also understand that it uses the personnel_index.php file released prior to the addition of Nova's 2.3.x metadata so I feel sure what I need to do is get the original 2.3.1 file and modify it.

The Issue: The Manifest Metadata information displays adjusted to the right (per how the Mod displays Species and Gender). I would like to get it displayed beneath the character name like it does in the original Nova 2.3.1 personnel_index file.

I only need the thumbnail piece of the Manifest Details Mod, not the species and gender.

What, how, where, etc. would I modify the 2.3.1 personnel_index.php mod so that it would still display the Mod's thumbnails, but not species and gender? Will this correct the alignment issue?

Screenshot included.

Any and all help appreciated. No rush, functionality is not impacted.

SGatton Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:20 pm

What you are basically looking for, is this code:

<td>
      <!-- MOD MANIFEST -->
      <?php
      if ($settings['show']['species']== true) {
         echo $char['char_species'].' ';
      }
      if ($settings['show']['gender']== true) {
         echo '('.$char['char_gender'].')';
      }
      ?>
      <!-- MOD MANIFEST -->
</td>

Once you find that, replace it with this:

<td><?php echo $char['metadata'];?></td>

Now, that places it in its own table cell like the original already was contained under. If you plan on having it elsewhere, you have to place it accordingly. For example:

<td>
   <strong class="fontMedium">
   <?php echo anchor('personnel/character/'. $char['char_id'], $char['name'], array('class' => 'bold'));?>

<?php /* echo $char['name']; */ ?></strong><br />
   <?php echo $pos['name'];?>
<!-- ADD AFTER THIS --><br />
   <?php echo $char['metadata'];?>   
<!-- THERE IT IS -->      
   <?php if ($char['crew_type'] == 'npc'): ?>
      <br /><?php echo text_output($label['npc'], 'span', 'gray');?>
   <?php elseif ($char['crew_type'] == 'inactive'): ?>
      <br /><?php echo text_output($label['inactive'], 'span', 'gray');?>
   <?php endif; ?>
</td>

Essentially, what you have to do is replace the original code with either new code or nothing. If you delete the original code, then you are okay as long as you just want it removed -- you just have to remember doing so simply removes the code for what the original mod contained. In order to do the metadata, you have to add the second code provided between the table cell tags somewhere.

Stormwolfe Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:26 pm

SGatton,

Thank you! I'll tackle this after the school week! I should be able to set up a test site by then so I don't threaten the life of my actual game site. 8) Yep, given code and the opportunity, I can kill anything!

Best Regards,

PreviousNext

Return to Nova MODs