Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Ship Alert Status [MOD]

A place to show off (and others to download) completed MODs. Note: support for MODs is handled by third parties, not Anodyne Productions.

mooeypoo Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Ship Alert Status [MOD]

Hello again,

This extension adds an administration page that allows you to change "Alert Status" for a ship or a star base (Red Alert / Yellow Alert / etc) and then displays that image on the 'sim' page.

If you want any changes or ideas for improvements, let me know! And.. please report bugs.

Enjoy it: http://bitbucket.org/mooeypoo/nova-mod-alertstatus

Control Panel:

And this is how it appears on the sim page (automatic):
Last edited by mooeypoo on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Find my Nova MODs: https://github.com/mooeypoo

mooeypoo Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: Ship Alert Status [MOD]

I just updated a small issue in the sql file - in case anyone was fast enough to get the "older" version (10 minute old :P ), you will need to verify that the values of the images in 'nova_shipalerts' table is written without the .png at the end.

The files are fixed in the repository.

mooeypoo Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Added screenshots.

KarlThorne Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:48 pm

to be frank the read me that shows you how to install this isnt very clear for someone who doesnt know how to navigate the FTP properly.

for starters, I do not know where "mySQL" database is and i have to put a file there for this to work

Also Is it possible to have an animated alert status pic like this: Image

instead of those static ones you made?

Lord_Trekie Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:58 pm

KarlThorne wrote:to be frank the read me that shows you how to install this isnt very clear for someone who doesnt know how to navigate the FTP properly.

for starters, I do not know where "mySQL" database is and i have to put a file there for this to work

Also Is it possible to have an animated alert status pic like this

Instead of those static ones you made?

The read-me is about as clear and simple as it could possibly be, but this should help you get it set up.

To get the mod to work you need to have access to your webserver control panel, if you're not the person who runs that then you need to get them to do this for you.

What you'll want to try to do is access phpmyadmin, and then select the database you use for your simm, once you've got it selected you want to go over to the import tab, and then upload that database.sql file, that should be all you need to get that particular part set up.

After that just make sure you have all the correct files uploaded in the correct places and you should be good to go with the mod in it's default settings.

As for using your own, animated, images, I'm sure it can be done, but off hand I'm not sure exactly how to accomplish it as I've not used the mod in quite a while, it might even be a built in feature of the mod but don't quote me on that.

mooeypoo Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:42 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but honestly, I'm not entirely sure it's a smart idea to touch any code files (core or not) and upload using the FTP if you don't know what you're doing. You don't have to know how to program or code to use nova mods, but FTP and mySQL access is pretty rudamentary, and can really screw your installation up if you do it wrong. I'd advise against using *any* mods in that situation, honestly :\

The explanation above is great and right on the money (thanks Lord_Trekie!), but again, if this sounds like gibberish to you, then maybe it's best you leave Nova clean of tweaks.

That said, I created the mod with the plan of adding some rudamentary way of switching the images (that's why the image names are saved in the database in the first place) but at the moment, I'm stuck with other more urgent projects, so that might take time to achieve. For now, if you want to replace the images, you can use a workaround but it's not as pretty.

All you need to do is to replace all the files "al-color-on.png" in the folder "application\assets\images\alerts" to your own image.

It's ugly, though, because those images are used in the admin section menu to mark the active alert, but it's not something that will kill the code. It will just look awkward. If you are willing to live with it, it should work fine.

~moo

KarlThorne Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 am

it does make alot of sense actualy. We are having a little trouble with the sql databases i am told, so we are gonna get some advice fixing the install, but im going to have a second SIMM installed so i can test this out without screwing up the actual simm

KarlThorne Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Hey moneypoo, I have to ask is it possible to move where the alert status shows from the ship tab to the Main page?

kaderith Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi KarlThorne,

I don't know if you ever got an answer for this or if you were able to get it working on your own... but I liked your idea of having the Alert Status mod display on the main page too so I spent a little time playing with the original mod and got it to work.

It involved making some edits to the main.php, & main_index.php

If you're still interested and want it, let me know and I'll send you a link for a zip file to download the edited version.

One day soon I'm going to get really brave and try an original mod of my own.. *lol*

I have an idea in mind I just need to buck up some courage and see if I can make it work.. *wink

Here's a screen shot showing the Alert mod displaying on the main page..

~Syn

Chihiro Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi
I managed to get this working fine and using the GIF images that are animated. However, is there any way that instead of being on "The Sim" page it can be inserted above the Nav Sub Menu? I have inserted things into there before so I know where to put it, its just the code doesn't seem to like it?

Return to Nova MODs