Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

awSimReport Generator [MOD]

A place to show off (and others to download) completed MODs. Note: support for MODs is handled by third parties, not Anodyne Productions.

mooeypoo Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: awSimReport Generator [MOD]

Jericho wrote:Mooeypoo,

I installed the mod, but on a clean Nova test/dev site, not on any of my live games. I have made no modifications to it at this time.

It appears to be running with no errors or issues although I need to experiment a tad more.

Changes I Need to Make...

• Some verbiage changes are needed to make it more compatible with my sims' genres.
  • Unsure about any template or "tags" changes as of yet although I'm sure if I were to add it to my live sites, some would be needed.

The basic install on a clean site was easy, the instructions were clear. More feedback on this if I decide to add it to one of my live sites. I'd like to work on the above mentioned modifications before I do that as my sites already have some mods that I don't want damaged.

Thanks and Regards,

Jericho

Thanks Jericho!

One quick question - the changes in the terms, can these be fixed with the custom sections? If you go to the "Template Tags" tab, you will see you're able to remove sections and add your own custom ones. That is, you're able to remove "Co Address" and instead add your own "From the Director's Desk".

These tags are just keywords that you add to the template (in the "Template" tab) so that the code knows to generate these sections when you hit "Generate".

In the next version, I'll make the templating much more easier to use and have it automated, but for now, see if you can get the section problem fixed with the tags?

~mooey
Find my Nova MODs: https://github.com/mooeypoo

Stormwolfe Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:09 pm

mooeypoo wrote:
Jericho wrote:Mooeypoo,

I installed the mod, but on a clean Nova test/dev site, not on any of my live games. I have made no modifications to it at this time.

It appears to be running with no errors or issues although I need to experiment a tad more.

Changes I Need to Make...

• Some verbiage changes are needed to make it more compatible with my sims' genres.
  • Unsure about any template or "tags" changes as of yet although I'm sure if I were to add it to my live sites, some would be needed.

The basic install on a clean site was easy, the instructions were clear. More feedback on this if I decide to add it to one of my live sites. I'd like to work on the above mentioned modifications before I do that as my sites already have some mods that I don't want damaged.

Thanks and Regards,

Jericho

Thanks Jericho!

One quick question - the changes in the terms, can these be fixed with the custom sections? If you go to the "Template Tags" tab, you will see you're able to remove sections and add your own custom ones. That is, you're able to remove "Co Address" and instead add your own "From the Director's Desk".

These tags are just keywords that you add to the template (in the "Template" tab) so that the code knows to generate these sections when you hit "Generate".

In the next version, I'll make the templating much more easier to use and have it automated, but for now, see if you can get the section problem fixed with the tags?

~mooey

Mooey,

I'll check into this on the weekend, sorry for just now getting back to you. Work's been a tad hectic.

Will Update as soon as I'm able.

Regards...Jer

mooeypoo Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Update: I started working on the report generator again. I completely rebuilt it based on the comments I got here and from the people who've used it.

Here's a bit of a teaser:
  • Templates revamped - From now on, there will be a template folder insider 'assets/awesimreport/' and the template information is in the database. This will make it easier for anyone to add their own templates. There will be a full guide as to how to make your own.
  • Completely custom sections - You will be able to control everything inside the report, from which 'sections' to use ("Report date", "Roster" and "Reporting Officer") to new sections you want to create yourself (like "words from the gamemaster" or "game rules" or "weekly image of a playful cat"). You will also be able to replace the headings of any and all sections. That means that while I call the roster "Roster", you can title it "Manifest" or "Here be my peoplez". Your report, your game, your choice.
  • Custom order - You can choose the order in which the sections are displayed. The templates are only for visual styles and the report is produced based on the order of sections you chose, so no more editing a complicated HTML file.
  • Control your roster - For IRC sims, if you want to add "presence" you can do that now with custom tags (choose whether the member was 'present', 'excused' or 'unexcused' -- or change those to fit your game). Email sims (or anyone, really) can choose not to use these tags at all, and just show log/post count. Also, you can choose if you want to show rank images in your roster or just the name of the characters. Control is the name of the game in this version.
  • Preview - before sending the report to your email lists, you can preview it, and adjust accordingly.
  • Save report - You started writing a report but you need to go before you can send it? Save it for later! this was one of the requests I got from last version, and it will be available on this one. This also means you can cooperate on reports -- the Gamemaster writes the "Words from the Chief", saves, and lets his or her deputy send the rest.
And more coming. Stay tuned, and if you have any requests or suggestions, now is the time!

Stormwolfe Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Mooey,

This all sounds amazing and incredibly customizable!

I'm hoping to use it more as a "newsletter" since we don't do reports as such and do not belong to any fleet sims. If it does what it sounds like it does, then I can scale back on needing an outside source for game management/OOC discussions, etc.

Thanks and Regards,

Jer

mooeypoo Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Jericho wrote:Mooey,

This all sounds amazing and incredibly customizable!

I'm hoping to use it more as a "newsletter" since we don't do reports as such and do not belong to any fleet sims. If it does what it sounds like it does, then I can scale back on needing an outside source for game management/OOC discussions, etc.

Thanks and Regards,

Jer

Jer,

I'm trying to make sure that this is exactly what you can do with it! The "roster" option, which makes the email a "sim report" is optional, so you can just take it off there and have your own sections.

Do you need anything specific other than sections that contain text?

AgentPhoenix Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Just curious if you've had a chance to look at the Nova 2 code on Github and make your updates compatible with that. I don't think there are any major changes, but at least something you'll want to play around it just to see since I'm hoping to push Nova 2 out in the next 3 or 4 weeks (at the latest).

mooeypoo Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:52 pm

AgentPhoenix wrote:Just curious if you've had a chance to look at the Nova 2 code on Github and make your updates compatible with that. I don't think there are any major changes, but at least something you'll want to play around it just to see since I'm hoping to push Nova 2 out in the next 3 or 4 weeks (at the latest).

I did but a really long time ago when it was still considered non operational.

If it's out that soon, I will adapt. I'm almost done with aweSimReport this time so worse case I'll have a Nova1 extension and then a Nova2 one. The model/procedures will mostly be the same.

... I hope... ;)

AgentPhoenix Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:01 am

Yeah, there weren't very many model changes. The only thing that'll change drastically are the instructions for how to install it I suspect.

mooeypoo Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 pm

AgentPhoenix wrote:Yeah, there weren't very many model changes. The only thing that'll change drastically are the instructions for how to install it I suspect.

Yea that shouldn't be horrible. I think I'll finish the current version anyways and see if I can get a few people to use it and report bugs, that way when Nova2 is out, I can just work on the installation process and copy over the rest.

Thanks for the heads up :) I can't wait for Nova2...

Stormwolfe Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 pm

mooeypoo wrote:Jer,

I'm trying to make sure that this is exactly what you can do with it! The "roster" option, which makes the email a "sim report" is optional, so you can just take it off there and have your own sections.

Do you need anything specific other than sections that contain text?

Mooey,

Hard to day 100%, but I don't think so. Since it'd hit peoples e-mail inboxes, they could reply from there, thus starting a discussion on anything in the "newsletter".

I'll give it some thought...

Thanks again for all the hard work you do!

Jer

mooeypoo Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Getting there, getting there! I'm almost done and almost ready to have some testers.

For now, you can see how reports are coming out in the email. There are 2 templates for now, I will try to make a few more before the official release to allow for some more variety.

Template: Industrial

Template: Helvetica

If anyone wants to offer other templates, please contact me.

~mooey

Previous

Return to Nova MODs