Important Notice: Effective immediately, all support will be handled through Discord. Read more about the changes coming to Anodyne's services.

Mods and Skins?

A place to show off (and others to download) completed MODs. Note: support for MODs is handled by third parties, not Anodyne Productions.

cmdrlanc Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Mods and Skins?

I am not sure this is in the right place, but I am taking a guess.

I am looking for a mod and a skin.

I am offering a $10 (US Dollars) bounty for a mod that will return the gender and species to the manifest page.

I am also offering a $20 (US Dollars) bounty for a Nova version of the ship_1 skin.

I hope this is enough to make it "worth the while" of a gifted coder.

Feel free to PM me, or drop me an email if you are interested in claiming either of these bounties.

AgentPhoenix Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Mods and Skins?

From the Nova license:
Products or serviced derived from the Software may not be used for monetary gain without prior written consent from Anodyne Productions. This includes, but is not limited to: selling support, skins, modifications, or services.

cmdrlanc Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I didn't think of it as "buying" or "selling" the mod and the skin. I was merely offering incentive. I know that what I am asking for is a lot of work, and without my offering something in return, no one would have any reason to meet my requests.

mathew edison Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:12 am

I'd actually be willing to do the mod. I don't really need a payment for it. I'm just hoping more people will follow my lead and try to help the community out.

cmdrlanc Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:01 pm

That would be really really appreciated. Let me know the best way to contact you and we can discuss the project. Thank you.

Ward Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Many people here will do this sort of thing just to help out... as Mathew has shown. And just a side statement... anytime money changes hands in turn for a service... it is selling something.

I personally would have taken the project, but I have to many going on right now.

sojservices Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:07 am

If you are quibbling about semantics, think of it as offering a "donation".
sojservices aka
Kate, Lexi, or Yuna

Yunalesca K. Butterscotch aka
Owner & Operator
Butterscotch RPGs

mathew edison Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Check the chatroom once in a while. I'll be around there a lot.

Nick Covington Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:58 pm

sojservices wrote:If you are quibbling about semantics, think of it as offering a "donation".

Here, Here... I would like to be able to say the community is just out to help each other but that is not my experience. When using SMS2 Many a request for skins went with out ever being answered or Replied to. The only people I know who have got anything done offered incentives we live in a selfish society no one wants to do anything for other people unless there is something in it for them. Which is why I commend Dan and the Anodyne staff for producing Nova as freeware.
[b][color=#FF0000]Rear Admiral Nick Covington
Omega Fleet, TF 24 - TFXO

AgentPhoenix Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:11 pm

If Anodyne doesn't make money off of Nova, no one else should either. That's why the license is written the way it is.

cmdrlanc Thu May 27, 2010 2:01 pm

I am hoping I can bump this and get some responses. Could someone please help me by making a mod that will put the species and gender back on the roster page. I had one person say that they might help, but I've not heard anything else on the topic. This is a "front burner" issue for several games that I host, and I would really appreciate the help.

mooeypoo Thu May 27, 2010 7:24 pm

cmdrlanc wrote:I am hoping I can bump this and get some responses. Could someone please help me by making a mod that will put the species and gender back on the roster page. I had one person say that they might help, but I've not heard anything else on the topic. This is a "front burner" issue for several games that I host, and I would really appreciate the help.

I'm taking it on. Testing now. I'll post it when it's done.
Find my Nova MODs: https://github.com/mooeypoo

mooeypoo Thu May 27, 2010 8:30 pm

I created the mod and tested it.
The entire mod including the readme (make sure you follow the instructions) is here: http://bitbucket.org/mooeypoo/nova-mod-manifestdetails

Enjoy!

~moo

cmdrlanc Thu May 27, 2010 9:04 pm

You are officially my hero. It works, it was easy to do, and you are made of awsome. You win the whole internet.

mooeypoo Thu May 27, 2010 9:06 pm

cmdrlanc wrote:You are officially my hero. It works, it was easy to do, and you are made of awsome. You win the whole internet.

You are most welcome :)

Next

Return to Nova MODs