[MOD] Ship/Mission Status

A place to show off (and others to download) completed MODs. Note: support for MODs is handled by third parties, not Anodyne Productions.

Williams Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:08 pm

[MOD] Ship/Mission Status

For a while now, I've had two sections in the sub nav area of my site to provide at-a-glance mission status and ship status info. I can't take credit for the idea, as I saw it on a number of sims over in Bravo Fleet a while ago, and used it with permission of one of those COs. Until now however, it was a fairly basic implementation; either HTML directly in the template file, or a call to a custom message that was set up in the control panel.

I've had a few people ask me if I could release it as a mod, and my answer so far has been no, as it was very basic and not my own original work. Now however, I have revamped it to store its data in the database, and be far more dynamic than it was previously. You can have it automatically detect your latest post (which you can also set to only pull from a certain mission, or you can override the automatic selection by specifying an ID yourself), you can toggle various fields to show or hide them, and you can also dynamically set the shield image, far more than the previous implementation allowed. Previously, I had just four images on the site - one for the shields being down, one for them being up, one for if they're damaged, and one for if they're offline. That is still an option (you can turn the granular shield status off to use that), but the new method uses styled CSS borders to create the same effect, which means that the colours can be changed for each shield quadrant - so if only your aft shields are offline, you can just change the slider for that one, and the colour will change accordingly. This mode of doing things is activated by default, and is my recommended option, but I've left in the more basic image mode for those who have been using the old implementation if they want to continue using their own images.

The mod can be downloaded from here: http://xtras.anodyne-productions.com/it ... ion-status

Xtras won't let me add in any php tags to tell you what lines to replace in your template files to pull the new sections into your skin, so you can find the full instructions on my GitHub: https://github.com/Krace/nova_mod_status. In short, however; it has been designed so that there is minimal effort needed to install.

Just upload the files, then log in and go to [yoursite]/index.php/site/status. You'll get an access denied message the first time you go here, so log out and back in again to refresh your access levels (it automatically adds itself into the table and gives system admins access to it) and go back to the same page. It'll automatically create the database tables that it needs, and it'll also create a menu item for itself (you'll see it when you refresh the page or navigate away). Other than adding it to your template files; you're done!
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

Williams Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:06 pm

Re: [MOD] Ship/Mission Status

I've uploaded a 1.2 version of this mod, which adds the option to exclude a mission from the post selection. This is useful for if your sim will be running multiple missions at once, but still wants one of them to be excluded (in my example, I always have one mission running for 'free' posts that don't fit in anywhere; as we'll be running a few mini missions at once next but I still don't want posts from that mission showing in the mod, I can now exclude it, rather than just having to pick one of the mini missions we'll be running).

For anyone who already has v1.1 installed, you need to download the new files and replace the old ones on your server with them, and then visit the Sim Status page in the control panel again. That'll add in the new row in the database required for this functionality to work (saving you having to mess around in the database yourself).

The one thing to note with this update is that it adds a new function into the posts model - so if you've already modified the posts model yourself, you'll need to integrate this new function with your existing mods.

Again, any issues with or suggestions for the mod, let me know.
Matt aka
Krace / Williams

USS HighlanderMy Xtras Profile
ImageImage

Reardon Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:23 am

Was there a new version of this mod or is 1.2 still the latest release?

newdestinyfleet Tue May 07, 2019 6:38 am

Interested in seeing if this will be updated for PHP version 7.0 and higher. Also if it will be converted to work with the new Mods system.

Return to Nova MODs